Sainsbury's Beer Challenge: Brewdog

And the award for Grinding Inevitability In Beer Blogging goes to... Reluctant Scooper for the obligatory Brewdog article. Want to know why I write about them? I like their beers. I'd buy shit booze and write about that instead but my masochistic streak doesn't run that deep. It only goes as far as supporting Nottingham Forest.


Anyhoo. Once upon a time there were three beers and their names were Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. But Brewdog didn't brew those. They *did* brew Dogma, Chaos Theory and Hardcore. Rumours that those names were inspired by a certain someone's Lovefilm.com rental list are unsubstantiated.


Let's start with Dogma.

Tastes of... white pepper and liquid caramel.
Smells like... honey from the back of the cupboard. That's turned kinda special.
If it were a track by Radiohead it would be... I Might Be Wrong


Let's middle with Chaos Theory.

Tastes of...... orange peel impregnated with pine needles
Smells like...bitter jelly
If it were a track by Radiohead it would be... No Surprises


Let's finish with Hardcore

Tastes of... Boxing Day fruit salad split under the Christmas tree. And rubbed with a caramel cloth.,
Smells like... fractured grapefruit stirred with a sticky hop stick
If it were a track by Radiohead it would be... Everything In Its Right Place


Blag blah Sainsbury's, blah blah four for the price of three, blah blah probably next to the charcoal briquettes unless you shop in Edinburgh.

And that’s it. I promised myself I’d stop at two hundred and

1 comment: