Cantillon Iris



This bottle of Cantillon Iris has been in and out of my fridge for weeks. It's made way for a glut of supermarket BrewDog. Shuffled to one side to accommodate champers for celebrations. Relegated to the kitchen table when wine was on my mind.

But today it claimed a place in the cooler, so that it could come out to play in the unexpected September sun. My post-gardening beers are usually cheap and cheerful lagers or hardcore IPAs. Today I thought I'd do something different after the lawnmowing; the result being that it's been a pleasure to sip my way through this bottle one fluteful at a time.

As for Iris - it had more flowery dry tartness than a Derby city bus shelter on a wet Wednesday night. Just funky enough. If this is the last of summer, Iris is a great beer to toast its farewell with.

0 comments: